AEGIS Roof Moss Removal
Homes are a living, breathing entity. Constantly changing and evolving beneath our noses, slowly changing each day unnoticed, and yet within a few months to years we may finally take note of the subtle changes.
You have a beautiful home and have made an investment that needs to be cared for by trained professionals who specialize in keeping fine homes looking beautiful. Beautiful homes should have beautiful roofs and all of them need to be periodically inspected and maintained.
Whether they are tile, concrete, composite or cedar shake, the simple truth is that every type of roof will benefit from periodic roof maintenance to increase the life of the roof material and to sustain the curb appeal of your property. Roof replacement and/or repair will always exceed the cost of regular maintenance, so it just makes sense to spend a fraction of the cost to protect your home and your investment.
We are here to make that part of your life a lot easier.
LET US DO ALL THE DIRTY WORK
Cleaning and protecting a roof is a dangerous job. We do not recommend doing it yourself. A trained Aegis technician will be happy to do the difficult work for you. First, if there are any pre-existing conditions present, such as missing shakes, shingles or tiles or just a hole, we will suggest a preliminary repair.
1) Roof Debris & Leaf Removal – Roofs with light debris and moderate leaf accumulation can be maintained by compressed air, blowing off all tree debris, leaves, pine needles and dust.
2) Gentle Hand Brushed Moss Removal – Roofs with heavy debris and moderate growth of moss, algae and fungus will be hand brushed to dislodge material from the root system that has attached itself between cracks and crevices to the roof shingles.
3) Oxygen Bleach Application – Aegis uses an oxygen bleach application that is recommended for use on shake, composition and tile roofs, to kill the remaining root system left between the shingles. The roots will simply dry up, recede and blow away.
4) Low Pressure Water Rinse – PRESSURE WASHING WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY on composite shingles, but it also lessens the life span of concrete, tile, and shake shingle roofs by removing layers of the material to clean down below the stain, much like when a carpenter sands below a stain on a piece of wood. We use a low pressure high water volume system to neutralize our oxygen bleach application and wash down any loose debris using a wide fan tip at less than 900 PSI.
NEVER PRESSURE WASH YOUR ROOF!!!
5) Gutter Cleaning & Tear Down – Gutters are cleaned and down spouts rinsed. Debris material is swept and removed to client waste or recycling containers.
ADDITIONAL PRESSURE WASHING AVAILABLE AT AN HOURLY RATE